Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus Service Pack 1
Microsoft Office 2013 (also called Office 2013 and Office 15) is the upcoming version of the Microsoft Office productivity suite for Microsoft Windows, and the successor to Microsoft Office 2010. Office 2013 includes extended file format support, user interface updates, and support for touch. Office 2013 is also available for Windows RT as well as IA-32 and X86-64, and requires Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 or later (hence cannot be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or other earlier versions).
Office 2013 is more “cloud-based” than previous versions. This is notable as the default save location is the user’s SkyDrive. Also, Microsoft is hoping that users will get Office 2013 through Office 365.
Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus includes updated support for ISO/IEC 29500, the International Standard version of Office Open XML (OOXML) file format as well as OASIS ODF 1.2 which Office 2013 can read and write. Additionally, Office 2013 provides full read, write, and edit support for ISO32000 (PDF).
Microsoft also supports Office Open XML Strict starting, a format which Microsoft has submitted to the ISO for interoperability with other office suites, and to aid adoption in the public sector.
New features also include new Read mode in Word, a Presentation mode in PowerPoint and improved touch and inking in all of the Office programs. Microsoft Word can also insert video and audio from online sources as well as the capability to broadcast documents on the Web. Word and PowerPoint also have bookmark-like features which sync the position of the document between different computers.
Features of Office 2013 include:
• Touch Mode along with touch enhancements.
• Flatter look of the Ribbon interface
• Microsoft Outlook now has a new visualization for scheduled tasks
• New Start Experience
• New alignment lines when moving objects
• Online picture support with content from Office.com, Bing.com and Flickr
• Resume Reading in Word and PowerPoint
• New slide designs, animations and transitions in PowerPoint 2013
• Support for Hotmail.com in Outlook
Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus: includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access 2013.
Microsoft Office 2013 is suitable for IA-32 and X86-64 systems and requires Windows 7, Server 2008 R2, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1.
It cannot be installed on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or other earlier versions of the operating system.
· CPU: 1 GHz processor
· RAM: 1GB for x32 / 2GB for x64
· HDD: 3 GB of available disk space
· DirectX 10-compatible graphics card (optional)
Overview of Office 2013 SP1 improvements
The following are the key areas of improvement that are offered by this SP1:
• Improves compatibility with Windows 8.1.
• Improves compatibility with Internet Explorer 11.
• Improves compatibility with modern hardware, such as high-DPI devices and the precision touchpad.
• Provides new apps for Office capabilities and APIs for third-party developers.
1. Service Pack 1 also includes a rollup of all Cumulative Updates through December 2013, and all Public Updates through January 2014. The list below is specific to changes shipping for the first time in SP1.
2. Text for some list items describes a problem now fixed by SP1, while other items describe both the problem and the new behavior after installing SP1. Despite variations in phrasing, SP1 fixes all of the issues listed.
3. SP1 also contains additional changes which are less visible, but improve various aspects of the product. This includes reducing crashes, improving security, and fixing other issues too specific to include in this list.